Back Surgery Delray Beach – How to keep your back in good health
Many back-related issues could be avoided if only we were a bit more cautious about our lifestyle and aware of how it affects our spine. In this article, you will find out what you can do to ensure a healthy back. According to our orthopedic spine surgeon in Delray Beach, implementing some of these in your everyday life can significantly decrease the risk of many back-related conditions, such as lower back pain, sciatica, and herniated discs.
- Control your position throughout the day to make sure you don’t slouch.
- Change positions frequently. Don’t sit at your desk for 8 hours straight. Take a break every hour or so to stretch your muscles.
- Optimize your work surroundings. Make sure your desk is at the right height.
- Manage your stress. Learn how to control it with breathing techniques or exercise (this is beneficial not only for your back, but for your health in general!).
- Work out. Exercising regularly to keep the muscles around your spine in good shape.
- When lifting an object, keep a wide stance and bend from the legs (not from the waist). Keep your back straight and don’t bend it.
- When driving, recline your seat slightly to decrease back strain. If you can, use lumbar support and don’t forget to take breaks when driving for a long time (see point no 2).
- Maintain a healthy diet. Foods rich in calcium and vitamin D are great for keeping your bones strong.
And there you have it: 8 strategies to keep your back in good health. Staying healthy and in good shape is crucial to maintaining a healthy back. Implement these minor changes in your life and don’t worry about back problems.
Causes of back pain
There are many causes of back pain, including spinal stenosis, spondylolysis, spondylolisthesis, lumbar stenosis, compression fractures, sagittal malalignment, and – rarely – infections, tumors, or inflammatory conditions. Due to this large spectrum of possible causes, it is important to get an expert opinion. Our orthopedic surgeon in Fort Lauderdale and Delray Beach will be able to diagnose the cause of your pain.
Spine Surgeon in Delray Beach and Broward County – About Dr. Matthew Hepler
Dr. Hepler is an adult and pediatric orthopedic spine surgeon in Palm Beach County. He treats all conditions of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, and offers spinal stenosis treatment in Delray Beach, West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach and Boca Raton. He provides non-operative treatment options, including pain medication, steroid injections, and physical therapy, as well as operative treatments, including both minimally invasive techniques and complex reconstruction.