Did you know these facts about low back pain? Number 6 will surprise you!
Here are just a couple quick facts about Low Back Pain not many people know about, even though Low Back Pain is one of the most common medical conditions.
- Low Back Pain is the second-most common reason for a visit to the doctor
- The most common cause for Low Back Pain is a torn or pulled muscle and/or ligament as a result of an accident or overuse.
- Between 60% and 90% of people suffer from low back pain at some point in their lives.
- Chronic Low Back Pain is a type of pain that occurs for a long period of time (more than 3 months) and is resistant to initial treatment
- Other common causes of low back pain include spondylolysis, spondylolisthesis, lumbar stenosis, compression fractures, sagittal malalignment, and – rarely – infections, tumors, or inflammatory conditions.
- In some cases, symptoms can improve thanks to a healthy diet, which lowers the incidence of inflammation, and low-intensity exercise, which strengthens the muscles around the spine.
- Low Back Pain can be a symptom of a more serious condition that may actually require spinal surgery. Don’t ignore your body’s signals! Make an appointment with our Orthopedic Spine Surgeon in Broward County today.
Spine Surgeon in Fort Lauderdale – Dr. Matthew Hepler
Dr. Matthew Hepler is an experienced spine surgeon in Boca Raton who offers expert, personalized medical care and state-of-the-art surgical procedures to treat a wide range of spinal conditions. Dr. Hepler is a Board Certified (ABOS) and fellowship-trained orthopaedic spine surgeon in Boca Raton with more than 17 years of experience. He focuses on complex deformity and treats the full spectrum of spine conditions such as back pain, disc herniation, stenosis, sciatica, scoliosis, kyphosis, spine fracture, and failed back surgery. Dr. Matthew Hepler provides leading expertise with compassionate, individualized care throughout south Florida (Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale).
To find out more about Dr. Matthew Hepler, a spine surgeon in Boca Raton, and inquire about spinal surgery or alternative treatments visit our website or simply call us at 561-734-5080 x229.